Policies and Procedures Manual
return to section index
Section 7: REIMBURSEMENT AND TRAVEL GUIDELINES
7.1 REIMBURSEMENT FOR PRESIDENT
The Association will reimburse the President for these expenses:
- Registration and all travel expenses to attend the NASFAA Conference, within NCASFAA Guidelines.
- Travel expenses related to attending SASFAA Board Meetings that are NOT covered by SASFAA.
- When possible, the Association provides the President with a complimentary room for the fall training conference and annual spring business meeting.
- Registration and travel to attend the SASFAA Conference ONLY if the President's employer would not usually cover those expenses.
- Postage, copying and telephone expenses.
7.2 REIMBURSEMENT FOR PRESIDENT-ELECT
The Association will reimburse the President Elect for these expenses:
- Travel expenses related to attending the SASFAA Board's transitional meeting that are NOT covered by SASFAA, within NCASFAA Guidelines.
- One night's accommodations to attend President Elect training prior to the start of the SASFAA Conference if the President Elect's employer will not cover those accommodations.
7.3 REIMBURSEMENT FOR VICE-PRESIDENT
The Association will reimburse the Vice-President for these expenses:
7.4 REIMBURSEMENT FOR SECRETARY
The Association will reimburse the Secretary for these expenses:
7.5 REIMBURSEMENT FOR TREASURE
The Association will reimburse the Treasurer for these expenses:
- Receipt books
7.6 REIMBURSEMENT OF COMMITTEE EXPENSES
The Association will reimburse committee expenses that are directly related to the committee's function. The committee is encouraged to use communication methods that do not cost anything - such as postings to the listserv and website. Up to 10% of a committee's budget may be spent for telephone reimbursement, without receipt. A list of phone calls and the purpose of the call must be provided.
7.7 TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Travel performed at the Association's expense will be for no purpose other than official Association business.
Travel on behalf of the Association, to be reimbursed by the Association, must be approved by the President in advance.
The President must approve all reimbursement requests and is required to disallow any requests that are unreasonable or not directly related to Association business.
7.8 ITEMS THAT MAY BE REIMBURSED
- Coach air fare with reservations made approximately 21 days before departure. Copy of the ticket receipt must accompany the reimbursement request.
- Mileage reimbursement for private auto travel, in the amount reimbursed by the federal government, over the usually traveled route. A Mapquest or Google Map must be included as documentation for reimbursement. Mileage is not to exceed coach air fare (see above).
- The actual cost of taxis, shuttles, etc., including reasonable tip. Receipt must accompany the reimbursement request.
- The President must approve a rental car in advance. There must be a valid reason for renting a car.
- Lodging - The actual cost of lodging, not to exceed the single room rate. Receipt must accompany reimbursement request.
- Meals - The maximum per diem reimbursement for meals will not exceed $50.00 per day. The following guidelines apply:
- Breakfast - $10.00 (Departure before 7:00 a.m. or Return after 8:00 a.m.)
- Lunch - $15.00 (Departure before 12:00 p.m. or Return after 1:30 p.m.)
- Dinner - $25.00 (Departure before 5:00 p.m. or Return after 6:30 p.m.)
Submit a copy of the program agenda to verify that specific meals were not provided, as applicable.
- Miscellaneous expenses - Receipts must accompany any expenses over $10.00
- Phone calls related to Association business.
- Tips for baggage
- Parking - Receipt must accompany reimbursement request for all parking expenses.
7.9 FEE WAIVERS
- Conference registration fees may be waived for keynote speakers or other invited guests, with the approval of the President and the Conference Chair.
- One night's accommodations may be provided to the keynote speaker. Additional waivers must be approved by the President and the Conference Chair.
- Conference registration fees may be waived for
- Individual responsible for audio-visual equipment set up during the conference.
- All waivers must be noted in the conference budget records.
7.10 EXPENSE VOUCHER (available on NCASFAA Website)