NCASFAA Mentor Program Guidelines
To assist NCASFAA members to become actively involved in
NCASFAA's mentor program.
- A NCASFAA Mentor should:
- Have adequate knowledge of financial aid.
- Inform and encourage the person being mentored to
attend NCASFAA conferences and other training opportunities,
such as SASFAA Summer Workshop.
- Be from the same sector when possible.
- Not tell the person they are mentoring what to do,
but provide guidelines, options and suggestions.
- The Person being Mentored should:
- Be a NCASFAA member.
- At NCASFAA's recommendation, inform their supervisor
of their request for a mentor and share any suggestions
with their supervisor before implementation.
- Participate in NCASFAA's Professional Advancement Workshops.
If mentor-related travel is necessary and the institution
of the person requiring travel will not cover the cost,
NCASFAA will cover the cost with a request in writing submitted
to NCASFAA's Vice President for pre-approval.